firefly
I couldn’t get any Mother’s Day present neither in KLCC nor Berjaya Times Square. What a bothering thought. As I was busy doing my house chores as usual on Friday night, the a-ha moment came…

I quickly rushed to my brother’s room and ask him how to fold roses using origami style. It’s one of the most complicated origami I’ve ever came across, but due to the pressure, I managed to roughly get the idea and structure in 10 minutes. I can’t bother him any longer since he is having exams now.

I’ve made 10 roses and my sister made 3, but at the ended up using 9 of them only since the vase is a bit small. I’ve also made a card for my mum with a lil doggerel.



In the process of making all the stuff I remember how I use to make presents for my mum. And what tickle my bones are the facts that, I always take her stuff to make into presents for her. For instance, when I was around 9, I took her pearl-looking beads, thread, and hooks for necklace DIY and made a necklace for her. I also took a box from her drawer somewhere, slightly wrap it again and put the necklace in and gave it to her. It’s kinda funny when I recall what I’ve done in the past. I bet she must be somewhat happy with a tinge of frustration when I took her stuff to make it a present for her. Furthermore, I couldn’t do a good piece of work at that age. Things are a bit loose here and there, so she never wore that. But I’m pleased when I know; she still keeps it with her till today.

My mum may scold me and punish me all the time, but I always try to understand and empathize her situation. Nevertheless, punishments are to stop a certain undesirable behavior. So I think she must be doing that for my own good. I feel fortunate to have a mum that can scold me and correct my mistake because I knew that I would not have done so without her. In another words, if you like who I am now, it’s all her contribution. I’m thankful that she shaped me so well.

I love you, mum. Happy Mother’s Day.

Labels: | edit post
0 Responses