firefly
I decided not to reflect on myself today. Instead, I’ll learn from what I experience today – the nuisance that my ELDER sister created. Since there’s a saying which goes, “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.”

Anyone can become angry – that is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose, and in the right way – that’s not easy.
ARISTOTLE
The Nicomachean Ethics


Due to the level of difficulty of anger, people came out with another meaningful phrase. “Anger is only one letter short of danger.”

Okay. Story time. My sister came home after work and said she wanted to use the computer to access the internet before she even had her dinner. Fine, no one is using the computer then. But she went on watching TV but never came upstairs. So I used the computer to type some documents. She came upstairs and saw me using the computer and said she wanted to use it. I was like okay, since she always hijacks the computer when I use it anyway. Furthermore, I was using the computer while waiting for her. Yet, she put her stuff on her table and went into my mum’s room and watched TV again…

I was sure that she’ll only come out around half an hour time so I accessed the internet to send a e-mail to my lecturer and a couple of other stuffs.

Suddenly, the door flung open and SHE came out insisting on using the computer. I just wanted to wrap up what I was doing but being the eldest, she gave me that demanding tone and my dad was there too. I asked her what she wanted to do, because usually I help her to download the fund price everyday and during normal “hijack” routine, she will tell me what she wants so that I can help her type in the search engine while I finish my last bit.

Alas, she scolded me for being such a busy body and accused me for poking my nose into her business. I was horrified and she left me dumb-founded. Mum was there and told her that I was just asking to know whether she urgently needs to use the computer. And she for one, when she can’t or I should say she usually can’t refute arguments constructively, she’ll divert the topic and said that she had already told me a number of times that she wanted to use the computer. Oh come on, since when I said that I wouldn’t let you use the computer?

She started making a big fuss out of it and my dad got irritated and started scolding everyone. Great, look what you have done?

She stormed into the room and let out her temper by stomping, banging the wall, the door. All sorts of natural disaster happened in 15 minutes. I didn’t really care because she always does that ever since she was a kid. I just remembered how she throws my toys onto the floor when she was 9 and how she sweeps all the stuff on my table to the floor when she was 15. Well she was right for one point; she can’t hurt me physically, so all she can do is make me sad by spoiling my things. I never thought that all those would happen even almost 10 years later. When the disaster was over, I went into the room to check out the aftermath. I was right; my spectacle case was in odd form. It’s kind of remarkable that she gave me the excuse that she sat on it because my spectacle case is an original case which comes with me spectacles and it is very tough. I have tried sitting on it and even sleeping on it for the whole night and it is still in shape. Why didn’t she try another more logical excuse, like “I lied down on the bed and there’s something stuck on my back, I was so pissed off then so I didn’t really care what it was and I took it up and threw it against the wall.” At least that makes much more sense to me.

She was being so immature. And obviously she doesn’t learn her lesson. She kept behaving like a kid and acting like a baby over and over again. When will she learn? When will she think and act her age? Hasn’t the society shape her mind yet? Or was she too stubborn to gain any insight from all the things that had happened?

To handle yourself, use your head;
To handle others, use your heart.

Make sure that you don’t have to regret after you have take the actions. So, think before you act. And please, Act Your Age.

Fin.
0 Responses